Jump to Navigation

Fort Lauderdale Paternity Lawyers

We have been featured both locally and nationally - watch us in action.

  • Ask Allison
  • 7 News Fox Miami FT. Lauderdale
  • Court Tv
  • Good Morning America

Paternity can be a sensitive issue that causes considerable tension between the parties. Because of this, people often put off paternity suits for years. However, it is better for everyone, especially the child, if the parents resolve the matter sooner. Children are entitled to the love and support of both parents and they should not suffer because of your litigation. We provide competent representation that protects both parent and child.

At Gilman & Associates, P.A., we represent fathers and mothers in paternity actions. We understand that this can be a difficult subject, but we can guide you through it. You can rely on our family law lawyers for experienced, compassionate legal counsel.

Find out how you and your child can benefit from establishing paternity. We can protect your rights and the rights of your child. Please call our office at 954-763-3453 or 954-763-3453 to schedule a consultation with our Fort Lauderdale paternity attorneys.

What Are Your Rights As A Parent?

Under Florida law, if a child is conceived out of wedlock, the man is referred to as an unwed father. Even if his name is on the child's birth certificate, he has no rights to the child until the court recognizes him as the legal father. In addition, the child has no right to child support until he or she has a legal father.

The unwed father will be obligated to pay child support if the court determines that he is the father. Once paternity has been determined, the father has the right to time sharing (visitation) with his child. He may seek custody if he chooses. We have experience with fathers' rights cases and can help you gain access to your child.

It is important to understand the rights and obligations of paternity. We will thoroughly explain how a paternity action will affect your life, including how the child support guidelines will apply to you. If you do not pay court-ordered child support, you will face consequences such as a driver's license suspension.

Contact Our Broward County Parental Rights Attorneys

To schedule a consultation, please call 954-763-3453, 954-763-3453 or contact us online.

Quick Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Site Search

Contact Us

Gilman & Associates, P.A.

400 SE 9th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Tel: 954-763-3453
Toll Free: 954-763-3453
Fax: 954-728-9263
Fort Lauderdale Law Office Map

Connect With Us

Featured on

  • Local 10  WPLG - abc
  • 4
  • 6
  • 7 News FOX Miami FT. Lauderdale
  • FOx News Channel
  • FACDL - Florida association of criminal defense Lawyers
  • Good Morning America
  • The Miami Herald SunSentinel
  • tru TV Not Reality. Actuality
  • el Nuevo Herald H

Back to Top